Glengarry Private Hospital (Sandalwood Palliative Care Unit)
Sandalwood is Glengarry Private Hospital’s specialised palliative care facility supporting people with a range of illnesses including cancer, leukaemia, motor-neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, end-stage respiratory, heart and kidney disease, end stage Parkinson’s disease and dementia.
Our focus is on maintaining quality of life for patients and meeting the needs of patients, their families and carers.
If your relative is being cared for at Sandalwood, we’ll involve the patient and you in the planning and management of care. Palliative care is most effective when everyone involved is informed, participates in treatment decisions and communicates openly.
Sandalwood liaises closely with community Silver Chain Hospice Care, and we refer patients and their carers to this service for continued support at home.
- 10 private rooms with ensuite facilities
- Pathology and radiological services accessible on site
- Two relaxing lounges, one with kitchen facilities
- Welcoming, homely environment
- Garden and courtyard for patients and families
- Convenient community location walking distance to shops, post office and florist
- Child friendly environment
- Pet therapy
- Your own pets welcome to visit, by arrangement
- Free parking
- Unrestricted visiting hours
The Sandalwood team
At Sandalwood, our health professionals work together to deliver high quality palliative care including
- Specialist palliative care doctors and nurses
- Allied health professionals − pharmacists, physiotherapists, Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Grief and bereavement counsellors
- Pastoral care workers
Bereavement Support Program
Our bereavement program supports families. A remembrance service is held twice a year to acknowledge and remember loved ones.
A medical referral is required for all admissions. Nursing referrals are accepted by designated palliative care providers.
We accommodate privately insured, self insured or DVA patients.
Enquires can be made by anyone including family and patient, by contacting the Clinical Nurse Manager or Deputy Director of Clinical Services
We welcome visits to view the unit. Please contact the Clinical Nurse Manager to arrange a time.
Admission may be arranged by contacting (08) 9246 6395 or (08) 9246 6347
Clinical Nurse Manager
Tel (08) 9246 6395
Tel (08) 9246 6347
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Aged Care Category: Palliative Care