St John of God Subiaco (Palliative Care Service)
Our palliative care services support the physical, psychological, social and spiritual aspects of living with a life-limiting or terminal illness, including providing information, goal setting, and coordinating care.
Palliative care acknowledges dying as a natural part of life and includes good end-of-life care, but for some patients palliative care interventions have actually been shown to prolong life too.
We adopt a multidisciplinary approach involving a variety of health and social care professionals to help improve your quality of life. You are encouraged to be fully involved in the decision-making process when putting in place a palliative care plan.
To be seen by a palliative care specialist, you will need a referral from your treating doctor. Your nurse can arrange referrals to other members of the palliative care service.
We always put your comfort and health needs first. Your caregivers may include:
- a palliative care specialist who will explain the benefits of different medications and treatment options available for the control of pain, nausea and other symptoms
- nurses who will be in regular contact with you and your family, to answer questions about your care, and advise you on how to manage your symptoms and your care when you return home
- a counsellor or social worker to provide formal emotional support and help you develop coping strategies and provide information about community resources and practical matters
- allied health professionals who can assist with your ongoing needs
- a pastoral care service that provides confidential personal support, and spiritual and religious ministry for those who want it.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Aged Care Category: Palliative Care