Opening on 23rd October, the British Film Festival returns for its sixth season to Palace Cinemas’ around the country to showcase British cinema at its’ best.
This year there are 26 films being presented from true stories and biographies such as the biopic Colette starring Keira Knightley, to modern classics The Italian Job and The Dam Busters, and literary adaptations To Sir, With Love and The Children Act. In addition to the classics being featured, there will be 17 Australian premieres in the lineup. Many of the films star some of Britains most recognised favourite names such as Emma Thompson, Bill Nighy and Michael Caine. With an eclectic selection of films, the festival is certain to have something for everyone.
We were invited along to the Cinema Paradiso in Northbridge for a showing of one of the featured films from the festival, My Generation. The cinema has recently reopened following renovations. The bar and foyer have a distinct vintage, Art Deco feel, decorated with plush velvet in rich jewel colours, chrome and glass; whilst the theatres are intimate but with spacious seating.
The film ‘My Generation’ is a documentary. Presented by Michael Caine, it is a look back to London in the swinging 60s’. Along with other well-known faces from the era, such as Paul McCartney, Twiggy, Mary Quant and David Bailey and many more iconic names, Caine gives an insiders view of how the 1960s transformed traditional family life and rebelled against the British class society and its’ barriers. Accompanied by a soundtrack of great 60s’ pop music, the film is informative and entertaining.
The British Film Festival starts 23rd October and runs until 14th November.
Perth Theatres- Cinema Paradiso, Northbridge.
Palace Cinemas, Raine Square.
Luna on SX, Fremantle.
Windsor Cinema, Nedlands.
Tickets: Available online www.britishfilmfestival.com.au or at the box office
Adults – $20
Concession and Seniors $16.50
- Boddington Caravan Park - July 17, 2020
- Dwellingup Chalets and Caravan Park - July 9, 2020
- Flow Hot Yoga and Pilates Free Online Classes - April 15, 2020
- Military Wives, Movie Review - March 13, 2020
- The Call of the Wild, Movie Review - February 21, 2020
- Big 4 Emu Beach, Albany - January 17, 2020
- La Sosta, Fremantle - January 17, 2020
- Fisherman’s Friends – Film Review - November 8, 2019
- MINI British Film Festival 2019 - November 1, 2019
- Pavarotti, Film Review - October 16, 2019