Event Cinemas is part of the Westfield’s Whitfords City entertainment and dining precinct and it is definitely onto a winner with seniors screenings.
Access is by escalators or a lift. I joined more than 60 seniors to enjoy the new Disney film, Christopher Robin, on a Wednesday morning. For members of Event’s Cinebuzz Club (free to join) tickets were $10. Non-members pay full price.
Complimentary tea and coffee together with biscuits were provided as a further inducement for seniors and we all appreciated the morning tea.
The cinema has only been open for a year and is large and very airy in its foyer and shop area. As well as a largish bar area, there are smaller tables and chairs for our grandchildren.
There are plenty of toilets available, although the design could be improved. Sinks are one side of a through aisle to the door and hand dryers are on the other, so there is a trail of drips which is a slipping hazard.
Inside the cinema, the chairs are comfortable and recline a little. Each person has a reserved seat (allocated online or at the ticket desk). Before the screening, one of the cinema’s managers gave the audience a little spiel on future seniors screenings and drew the winner of the morning’s raffle.
As for Christopher Robin – do go and see it. Suspend disbelief and let the talented cast take you back to your childhood. It’s not Hitchcock so no surprises but it is very enjoyable.
Future Seniors screening:
Ladies in Black – September 26
Johnny English Strikes Again – October 3
In Like Flynn – October 10
First Man – October 17
A Star is Born – October 24
Plenty of free parking is available at Westfield Whitfords City.
Address: Westfield Whitford City, Cnr Marmion and Whitfords Ave, Hillarys
Phone: 08 6240 1454
- Wildflower Restaurant, Perth - September 21, 2020
- Peregrandes Sheepyards - September 21, 2020
- Road Trip Hillarys to Mukinbudin - September 16, 2020
- Bindoon Bakehaus and Cafe - September 16, 2020
- Santini Grill, Perth - August 4, 2020
- Lupolab, Mt Hawthorn - July 30, 2020
- White Salt, Sorrento - July 9, 2020
- Zamia Trail, Bold Park - July 6, 2020
- Victoria Reservoir and Mason Bird Heritage Loop Trail, Canning Mills - June 11, 2020
- Hazel’s Isolation Dairy Part 3 - April 2, 2020