During this Covid 19 pandemic, although it’s ok to get outside in the fresh air and get some exercise some of us are either self-isolating or fall into the at-risk category and need to stay in our homes. Keeping the mind and body engaged is still important though, and why not use this time to learn a new skill or try a new form of exercise.
I did pilates classes a few years ago and have always fancied trying yoga; everyone I know that does yoga always seems serene and calm, and that’s what I need at the moment with all of the stress placed on us by the bombardment on TV and social media of this crisis.
Flow Hot Yoga and Pilates Studio are offering free beginner classes in yoga, and so I have donned my comfy pants and joined in the online classes. The teacher Lorraine instructs in a clear and concise way, guiding us through the movements by demonstration whilst explaining what we should be doing. There is a great deal of importance placed on the breathing technique whilst doing the exercises, and as a beginner, I feel I am able to learn within my own capabilities and at my own pace.
The classes are advertised on Facebook ahead of time through the Flow Facebook page, and also Seniorocity; all you need to do is follow the page and you will get the notifications. For more information see www.flowhotyogapilates.com.au
Being isolated can be lonely and depressing, and having this time to stretch and meditate gives a feeling of connection with the outside world; whilst giving me the chance to relax and focus on myself and block out the negativity of this stressful time.
- Flow Hot Yoga and Pilates Free Online Classes - April 15, 2020
- Military Wives, Movie Review - March 13, 2020
- The Call of the Wild, Movie Review - February 21, 2020
- Big 4 Emu Beach, Albany - January 17, 2020
- La Sosta, Fremantle - January 17, 2020
- Fisherman’s Friends – Film Review - November 8, 2019
- MINI British Film Festival 2019 - November 1, 2019
- Pavarotti, Film Review - October 16, 2019
- Laura’s Wine Bar, Northam - October 16, 2019
- Buckland Estate, Northam - October 16, 2019