It’s that time of year again! The Good Food and Wine Show 2019 is back from the 23rd to 25th of August. The fantastic foodie festival, held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre and brings together winemakers and artisans from all around Australia. There’s lots of good food to sample and great wine to sip, as well as cider, spirits – even tea and coffee.
This year there’s a huge line up of celebrity chefs including Anna Polyviou, Matt Moran, Miguel Maestre, Colin Fassnidge, plus locals Melissa Palinkas (Young George), Caroline Taylor (Taylors Art and Coffee House) Aaron Carr (Yari) and more. There’s chefs hosting demonstrations in the Theatre (get there early to get a good seat!), workshops (must purchase an additional ticket) and more.
The immense wine section is divided into the major wine regions in Australia – the Barossa, McLaren Vale, Margaret River and more.
There’s a lot of different areas to taste your way around – Tucker’s Natural Cheese Alley, Riedel Drinks Lab, the Good Food Village and lots more. You’ll find lots of free morsels to taste, as well as more substantial sweet and savoury food for purchase.
Perth Masterchef alumni Brendan Pang again features in the hands-on Dumpling Kitchen masterclass. The Smelly Cheese Co has many cheese appreciation classes and the Thermomix Indian Cooking masterclass was also a big hit!
If you plan on buying a few bits and bobs, a top tip is to take a shopping bag on wheels, to wheel your goodies around and keep your hands free.
Be sure to head down to PCEC. A trip to the Good Food and Wine Show 2019 is a few hours well spent, touring the best food and wine regions of Australia. There’s plenty of delicious things to discover!
For more information check out their website www.goodfoodshow.com.au
Good Food and Wine Show 2019 – The Details
When: 23 to 25 August 2018
Friday After Dark 5.30pm to 9.30pm
Saturday 10am to 6pm
Sunday 10am to 5pm
Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre
21 Mounts Bay Rd, Perth
Find more things to do in Perth here.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020