Guildford is quite the spot for foodies – famous for Alfreds Kitchen’s burgers as well as quality pub grub at local watering holes – The Rose and Crown, and The Guildford Hotel. If you like dining wine-bar style, Jezebelle on the James street strip, may just be the spot for you.
The tapas bar, which used to be an old bank, has a plush, modern interior. The wine list features lots of Spanish drops, as well as local and international wines. The sangria also looked tempting! When we visited the bar was busy and lively, but not too noisy to hear people on your table.
On the Spanish inspired menu you’ll find mainly share food, with boards of antipasto meats, cheeses and share plates on offer. We enjoyed a few small plates for a light nibble over a glass of wine. The serve of patatas bravas (crisp potatoes) dusted in hot paprika is deliciously crispy and served with a creamy aioli for dipping.
The croquetas de jamon ($4 each) are also tasty. The chorizo and paprika filled balls served with capsicum salsa are wonderfully crisp.
A bowl of mini corn on the cobs are an easy share dish, if you don’t mind eating with your hands.
Churros, a Spanish doughnut, feature on a dessert board filled with macarons, cake and more. Served with a bowl of gooey dulce de leche, this dessert allowed us to enjoy something sweet, though without being greedy. Dusted in cinnamon, the churros are soft inside and crunchy on the outside.
All in all, the service is friendly and the food at Jezebelle is good. The Spanish tapas restaurant is also open for breakfast and brunch, as well as lunch and high tea.
Address: 127 James Street, Guildford
Phone: 6278 3538
Distance from Car Parking area: Street parking available, can get busy at peak times.
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021