- Dwellingup Chalets and Caravan Park - July 9, 2020
- Flow Hot Yoga and Pilates Free Online Classes - April 15, 2020
- Military Wives, Movie Review - March 13, 2020
- The Call of the Wild, Movie Review - February 21, 2020
- Big 4 Emu Beach, Albany - January 17, 2020
- La Sosta, Fremantle - January 17, 2020
- Fisherman’s Friends – Film Review - November 8, 2019
- MINI British Film Festival 2019 - November 1, 2019
- Pavarotti, Film Review - October 16, 2019
- Laura’s Wine Bar, Northam - October 16, 2019
Pavarotti, Film Review
A couple of years ago I stood in the Piazza della Signoria, in the shadow of the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence, watching a live performance of Nessun dorma which left me overwhelmed, and reduced me to tears. Ever since that evening, the aria leaves me with that same feeling every time I hear it; so armed with tissues, I went to watch the documentary Pavarotti.
Produced and directed by Academy Award-winner Ron Howard, the film is simply the story of Luciano Pavarotti’s life, from his childhood as the son of Modena baker, through his career as one of the worlds’ most famous tenor’s; to his death from pancreatic cancer in 2007.
The film features never before seen footage, and exclusive interviews with his family and acquaintances; alongside clips from the tenor’s iconic performances from his operatic performances, the Pavarotti and Friends benefit concerts, and of course, the famous Three Tenor’s tour featuring him performing with Plácido Domingo and Jose Carreras.
Of course the aria Nessun dorma is included in the film, and yes it did still bring a tear to my eye; but if that’s the price I have to pay to see that magnificent Three Tenor’s performance, then it is a price I am happy to pay.
Pavarotti is showing in cinemas from 24th October, with special screenings at Cinema Paradiso, Northbridge and Luna on SX, Fremantle on 23rd October, for the closing of the Lavazza Italian Film Festival.
May 14 @ 9:00 am - July 30 @ 10:00 am
May 20 @ 1:00 pm - August 4 @ 1:30 pm
May 21 @ 9:00 am - August 6 @ 10:00 am
May 27 @ 1:00 pm - August 11 @ 1:30 pm
May 28 @ 9:00 am - August 13 @ 10:00 am