For those with a gluten intolerance, you may find your options for eating out are limited. Once a completely gluten free restaurant, the now-closed Kapitol Kitchen, has reopened as Soul Coffee and Tapas Lounge. Though not everything on the menu is gluten free, much of the menu has GF options. The recently opened spot has had a refresh to its modern interior. Though it’s a shame the cosy booths and kiddie corner have gone.
For something sweet there’s a selection of raw slices and other treats in the cabinet.
Service is a little slow. One of us had almost finished her drink and pancakes, by the time all of the meals and drinks had arrived. There’s a good selection of drinks – we enjoyed an iced coffee, and a watermelon juice.
The Smashed avo with whipped feta, pickled wakame, zucchini, kale, and poached eggs, was tasty, but it was disappointing that the eggs weren’t runny. The dish was sitting under heat lamps on the pass for several minutes (I was tempted to go and get it myself!) so perhaps that’s why the yolk was set. Service was slow. There were only about 4 or 5 tables dining at the time, so it was definitely manageable.
The strawberry and white chocolate pancakes ($24) were tasty, though completely missing the nut granola component. The white chocolate ganache was very sweet, and the fluffy pancakes are sprinkled with fresh berries, a berry sorbet, and topped with fairy floss.
At Soul Coffee and Tapas Lounge, you can be sure that you’ll find a free table in the large, two-story restaurant. While components of the meals and service can be improved upon, we enjoyed the tasty brunch.
Soul Coffee and Tapas Lounge – The Details
Address: 943 Wanneroo Road, Wanneroo.
Phone: 9306 2282
Disabled Access: Yes – toilet downstairs and parking out the back.
Distance from Car Parking area: There is a small carpark behind the restaurant.
Grandchild Friendly: kids menu and highchairs.
- Paint and Sip Perth - August 10, 2022
- Best Accommodation and Restaurants in Denmark - August 5, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Denmark and Walpole - August 5, 2022
- Denmark Chocolate Company, Ocean Beach - August 3, 2022
- Dating Sites for Seniors - July 26, 2022
- Sunday Roasts in Perth - July 20, 2022
- Things to do in Donnybrook - July 19, 2022
- Swan View Tunnel, Swan View - July 19, 2022
- Two Little Blackbirds, Manjimup - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Weir Gallery, Mundaring - June 30, 2022