If you’re travelling to Margaret River, you can’t miss the small country town of Cowaramup. Dubbed “Cow Town” by locals, it’s not hard to see why – the place is jam packed with loads and loads of cow statues and surrounded by green fields of cows. Cowaramup is a great little place to stop, especially if you enjoy browsing gift shops and love gourmet food and wine. The Margaret River Wine Centre is perfect if you’re short on time. They sell 500 varieties of Margaret River wines from 50 local vineyards.
MuKau Giftware and Gallery is also just found off Bussel Highway. The quirky shop is jam packed with gifts to treat yourself and others to. I found a lovely moo-cow mug!
Be sure to take a wander around the upstairs gallery too, where there’s lots of vibrant prints and sculptures.
Candy Cow is a mecca for sweet tooths. Watch as their famous fudge is made in many tempting flavours. The shop also sells every sweet, chocolate and lolly imaginable.
Head next door to Gourmet Food Merchant to stock up on chutneys, dukka, EVOO, and other local goodies for your cheese board. They also make a great coffee.
Moonhaven is a great spot to shop if you’re into wellness, essential oils and herbal gifts. You can also grab a drink and bite to eat at the Cowtown Café and Bakeshop, as well as the Black Sheep Café.
Also in the Cowaramup area is The Cowaramup Brewing Co, just a short drive away…
And the quaint Millers Ice creamery. Both spots are worth a visit.
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2020
- Canning River Café, Wilson - September 22, 2020
- Canning River Regional Park - September 22, 2020
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 7, 2020
- Raeburn Orchards, Roleystone - August 31, 2020
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - August 21, 2020
- Riverbank Estate, Caversham - August 19, 2020
- Cup Cup and Away, Roleystone - August 17, 2020
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020