What’s on in Perth Events for Seniors and Over 55’s in Perth.
You’ll find listed Perth Events, shows, free events in Perth, local community events, fairs, farmers markets, City of Perth events, even events at your local library. You’ll never be bored again and you’ll be the first to know what’s on in Perth!
Food Sensations for Adults – Nollamara
July 15 @ 9:00 am - August 5 @ 11:30 am
This is a free event for the following dates and times at Nollamara Community Centre
- Thursday 15 July 2021 9:00am-11:30am
- Thursday 22 July 2021 9:00am-11:30am
- Thursday 29 July 2021 9:00am-11:30am
- Thursday 5 August 2021 9:00am-11:30am
Food Sensations for Adults
is a community nutrition education program targeted at WA adults 18 years and over from low to middle income households who want to increase their food literacy skills. The program is for people who will benefit from 2.5 hr education and cooking sessions once a week for four weeks, and will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned into daily life. The program is not a therapeutic cooking session.
Food Sensations for Adults is designed for participants who:
1. Can shop alone without assistance;
2. Can cook and prepare meals without assistance;
3. Live independently; and
4. Don’t have medical, dietary or behavioural issues that may impact on their learning and participation.
Can children attend the program?
- For safety reasons, young children cannot attend.
- If parents want to attend the program with children please contact the Foodbank team to discuss.
Culturally and linguistically diverse and low literacy groups:
- Food Sensations for Adults welcomes participants with varying levels of English literacy. If an interpreter will be present at the program, please notify the team as soon as possible.
Can participants with a disability or mental illness attend the program?
Food Sensations is accessible and inclusive for people living with a disability or mental illness.
- Support workers/carers/participants with a disability or mental illness with additional requirements must contact 9463 3211 BEFORE booking. This is so staff can assess if the participant will benefit from the program or not. If the program is suitable, the person will be directed back to your organisation to book in.
- The same support worker/carer must attend each session with the participant.
- There is a limit of two participants to one support worker/carer.
- There is a limit of two disability agencies per program to ensure it is a community program that includes participants with a disability, not a disability specific program.