What’s on in Perth Events for Seniors and Over 55’s in Perth.
You’ll find listed Perth Events, shows, free events in Perth, local community events, fairs, farmers markets, City of Perth events, even events at your local library. You’ll never be bored again and you’ll be the first to know what’s on in Perth!
- This event has passed.
Kickstart your Community: The fundamentals of bringing people together
November 24 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Have you thought about sparking your own social gathering or group?
Maybe you’re keen to bring your neighbours together for a BBQ, or maybe you care about global warming and want to bring other activists together to create change… this 2 hour conversational workshop will help set you up with new ideas and help you plan how to do this.
For the last 12 years, Befriend has been supporting community members to spark their own social group around a hobby or activity they love. We’ve learnt so much along the way and we’d love to share it with you, so you can bring people together in the ways that make sense for you.
**This is perfect for you if you:**
* Feel ready to bring people together (or curious about what this could look like!)
* Have an idea to spark something in community
* Want to become a Host with the Befriend Social Network
**What to expect…**
* A discussion on what makes an inclusive and welcoming social group
* Ideas on different kinds of social gatherings you could start
* Some practical things to consider
* Friendly faces and good conversation
* Information about Hosting with Befriend (optional: last 30 mins)
If you already know that you want to host a gathering with the Befriend Social Network you can stay on for the last 30 mins to get the next steps in the process.
**What to bring…**
* Yourself, as you are
* A pen and some paper to write on
* An open heart and open mind
This is a new style of experience for us and we appreciate your feedback at the end of the session so that we can continue to grow these offerings to reach more people!
If you have any questions or requests for how this can be comfortable for you, message me on Meetup or email [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
**Want to join more sessions like this?**
This workshop is part of the Your Journey, Your Way series all about connection, community and you! You’re welcome to attend them all, attend just the one, or attend multiple times.
They are run on a monthly basis so you can continue to drop in to the workshops at your own pace – it’s designed to be a DIY adventure! The experiences are:
* **Stepping Stones: Taking the next steps to connect with your community (Friday 3 November, 10am -> 11:30am)**
Come along to start thinking about what your next step towards connection might be!
* **Contributing in Community: Discovering what you love to give (Friday 10 November, 10am -> 11:30am)**
Think about what unique gifts you have to give and where in your life you might like to share these with others
* **Community Connection Campfire: A warm place to come back to (Friday 17 November, 10am -> 11:30am)**
Join this social and motivating space to connect with others who are also taking steps on their connection journey. Expect to learn from others, reflect on your journey and plan a next step
* **Kickstart your Community: The fundamentals of bringing people together (Friday 24 November, 10am -> 12pm)**
Want to bring people together in your community? Get ideas and tips on how to start!
* **Spark a Befriendly Social Group: The process to become a Befriend Host (Friday 1 December, 10am -> 11am)**
You have attended the “*Kickstart Your Community*” session and are keen to kickstart a hobby group in the Befriend Social Network!
Befriend is a community building organisation that exists to spark connections to create a connected, more inclusive Perth.
Our values are inclusion, fun, authenticity, curiosity and sustainability. Learn more about Befriend through our website: https://befriend.org.au/