What’s on in Perth Events for Seniors and Over 55’s in Perth.
You’ll find listed Perth Events, shows, free events in Perth, local community events, fairs, farmers markets, City of Perth events, even events at your local library. You’ll never be bored again and you’ll be the first to know what’s on in Perth!
Dementia Action Week: Understanding Dementia
September 23 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This session will be held in the Innovation Lab.
For people living with dementia, family, carers and community members.
This session introduces an overview of different types of dementia, diagnosis, planning ahead and how to support someone living with dementia.
This session is delivered interactively, and you will be encouraged to share your experiences alongside other participants giving you an opportunity to develop new support networks.
Attendees will gain knowledge in:
- types of dementia, signs and symptoms;
- the experience of living with dementia and;
- available services and where to access support.
- This session is suitable for family carers and family members of people living with dementia. This session is not suitable for professionals employed in the health or aged care sectors.
- Attendees will be required to practice appropriate physical distancing for the duration of the event.
- Do not attend if you have any flu-like symptoms.