Mandurah Country Club
Mandurah Country Club was officially established in 1960, with office bearers and committee members being elected at the first meeting of the Club on 9 March 1960. At that time Mandurah was a small fishing and farming village surrounded by large tracts of privately held farmland. The town itself had very little publicly owned land.
To raise capital for the new club, Debentures were issued at ten pounds for men and five pounds for women. By July 1960, seventy five men and seventy one women held Debentures which entitled them to be Foundation Members. A significant break with tradition at that time was that women were admitted to the Club as full members, rather than Associates.
The course was constructed on 100 acres of land that came to the Council in the following manner. 50 acres was purchased by the Club from the Sutton brothers. Under an agreement with Council the remaining 50 acres was set aside in lieu of future public open space requirements under the Town Planning Act against future subdivision of land owned by the Sutton brothers at Halls Head. The two parcels of land were duly surveyed from the Sutton brothers’ Title and transferred to the Council.
Become a member of Mandurah Country Club and be impressed with a range of benefits, including the following:
- Play golf on an 18 hole championship golf course
- Join competitive and/or Social golf competitions, including summer twilight
- Enjoy the NEW Clubhouse bar and facilities
- Enjoy the member camaraderie and invite guests for golf, lunch or a drink
- Have access to an excellent Club Professional for all your golfing equipment and lessons , Gary Colquhoun (W.A. Club Professional of the Year, 2003 & 2009)
- Wine and dine at the various social functions throughout the year.
- Play golf at reciprocal clubs in a range of locations
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Activity Category: Golf Club & Courses