Thinking of taking a drive in the Perth Hills? Noble Falls, just outside of Gidgegannup, is a gorgeous spot for a walk or picnic. It has everything you need for a lovely day out! The waterfalls are best visited in winter and early spring (for wildflowers too), when they should be in full flow. As the carpark is right at the falls, it’s an ideal spot to visit for those who aren’t able to walk far.
The area next to the car park is well equipped with plenty of picnic tables, free electric BBQs.
Plus there are public toilets and drink fountains.
It’s a peaceful spot by the falls, and there are a couple of bush trails, but they were not very well sign posted. Take the bridge over Wooroloo Brook to the other side of the stream and you can clamber over the huge granite rock and explore the area.
There are many beautiful grasstrees.
The area was devastated by the 2021 Gidgegannup bushfires, which there is still plenty of evidence of through the jarrah, marri and blackbutt bushland. It’s so heartening to see the new regrowth too.
The Noble Falls Walk Trail is generally flat with a good surface. There is a short walk loop which is 1.3km and takes approximately 45 minutes. Plus, there is a longer walk track which is 3.5km in length and takes approx. 75 minutes.
If you have the grandkids in tow, there is a basic playground that should keep them entertained. Dogs are welcome off the leash. This is only advised if they are easily controlled, as there is a lot of wildlife in the area.
Noble Falls Tavern
If you feel like a cool refreshment after a bushwalk, the picnic area is opposite the Noble Falls Tavern.
We popped our head in for a peek at they typically Aussie pub. There’s a large balcony and outdoor area.
Plus, there is a pool room / TAB bar area, as well as dining room where they serve pub meals. Alternatively, the Gidgegannup Bakery is very popular too.
The Noble Falls Picnic Area is located on Toodyay Road, about 5kms east of Gidgegannup.
- Two Little Blackbirds, Manjimup - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Weir Gallery, Mundaring - June 30, 2022
- Gidgegannup Bakery and Café, Gidgegannup - June 30, 2022
- Edenvale Heritage Precinct, Pinjarra - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Garden and Farmers Market - June 26, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - June 24, 2022
- Lesmurdie Falls – Everything You Need to Know - June 8, 2022
- Big Brook Dam, Pemberton - June 8, 2022
- Perth’s Best Waterfalls - May 25, 2022
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - May 23, 2022