If you love music – then you’ll love this guide to the best record shops in Perth.
Everything old is cool again… especially when it comes to vintage vinyl. If you know your Bill Haley from Billy Idol, you’ll want to check out these record shops all around Perth. My husband, who has been a huge vinyl collector for close to 60 years, has helped to put this handy list together of the best music treasure troves in Perth. If you’re an avid record collector or looking for your favourite album from decades ago, one of these spots is sure to have what you’re looking for:
One of the originals. And there’s not just records for sale – there’s also memorabilia, guitar strings, music sheets, CD’s, DVD’s, tapes and a whole lot more.
Find Replay Records at 5 Royal Street, Kenwick.
There are two Record Finder stores on High Street, so be sure to visit both to find some gems. There’s lots of vinyl, cassettes, CDs and books to choose from.
Find Record Finder at 87 High Street, Fremantle.
3. Dada Records, Perth CBD
Dada has a massive rage of records over two floors. Here you’ll find both new and second hand records from the golden oldies to reggae, hip hop and electronica.
Find Dada Records at 36 Pier Street, Perth.
William Street is home to a couple of record shops. At Noise Pollution Records, a whole lot of LPs, Singles and more are crammed into this Aladdin’s cave of all genres, with particular focus on the many types of rock music.
Find Noise Pollution Records at 280 William St, Northbridge.
Mills Records, which was established in the 1940s, is staffed by passionate music lovers that work in the Perth music industry. They also have an extensive online catalogue.
Find Mills Records at 22 Adelaide Street, Fremantle (Opp. Town Hall)
At the rear of the second hand book shop is a mural covered room dedicated to records and CDs. A fun fact is my husband ran this record shop in the mid-90s!
Find the Guildford Book Exchange at James Street, Guildford.
Junction Records stock a range of local and imported records, CDs, DVDs, as well as turntables and audio equipment. They even offer a service to order in special requests and hard to get hold of items.
Find Junction Records at Shop No 48, Fremantle Malls, 27-35 William St, Fremantle.
Down a small Northbridge arcade you’ll find Safaris Record Shack. Here there’s an eclectic mix of new and second hand records from boogie disco, to rockabilly and a huge range of reggae, with many rare and promo copies too.
Find Safaris Record Shack at Shop 9, Arcade 189, 189 William St, Northbridge
There’s been an explosion of record shops in Perth, thanks to the vinyl revival. Other spots that are worth checking out are…
9. Sgt. Peppers Vintage & Vinyl at 241 Newcastle St, Northbridge
10. Highgate Continental at 479 Beauford St, Highgate.
11. Urban Records at 117 Oxford St, Leederville
12. Rhubarb Records at Shop 5 / 851 Albany Hwy, East Vic Park
13. Diabolik Books and Records at 149 Scarborough Beach Rd, Mt Hawthorn
14. JB HiFi, Various locations
15. Midland Records at 7 Spring Park Road, Midland
16. 78 Records at 255 Murray Street, Perth CBD
17. Satchmo Café at 1/400 Fitzgerald St, North Perth
18. Plastic Passion Online (previously in Maylands).
Have we missed any? Let us know in the comments below!
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2020
- Canning River Café, Wilson - September 22, 2020
- Canning River Regional Park - September 22, 2020
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 7, 2020
- Raeburn Orchards, Roleystone - August 31, 2020
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - August 21, 2020
- Riverbank Estate, Caversham - August 19, 2020
- Cup Cup and Away, Roleystone - August 17, 2020
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020