If you love a browse around a farmers market on a weekend – the Kingsway Markets are worth a look if you live locally. Held each and every Saturday, the Kingsway Markets are found at the Olympic Kingsway Soccer Clubrooms, which are part of the large Kingsway sporting complex. The market operates weekly from 8am until noon.
A few local growers have stalls brimming with just-picked veggies and fruit, so be sure to take along a cooler bag or esky to fill. I found unusual tiny tomatoes, as well as fresh eggplants (2 for $3) that are grown north of Wanneroo, near Carrabooda.
As well as stalls selling fresh produce, we also saw vendors selling pretty cupcakes, gourmet popcorn, local honey, dog accessories, and more. There are around 30 stalls to look at.
At the Kingsway Markets you can enjoy a hearty breakfast. Give into a tempting aroma from the tasty sausage sizzle with a bacon and egg roll, or enjoy a coffee or juice. There was a range of food vendors – from waffles to satay sticks. The stalls and food trucks change regularly.
There’s plenty of tables set up on the grass, or why not take, to sit and enjoy the live music with your food.
If you’re taking the grandies, kids activities are available each week. The week we visited, face painting and origami making were available for a small charge. There is also a kids area set up with mini tables and toys. Kingsway is very child friendly, and the markets are found next to playgrounds and a new dinosaur themed splash zone (operates in summer).
There are public toilets onsite. It’s best to take cash as there is no ATM, though some stalls do take EFTPOS. Dogs on leads are very welcome. Be sure to head along to the Kingsway Markets and support small local businesses.
Kingsway Markets – The Details
Address: 34L Bellerive Blvd, Madeley.
Parking: plenty of free parking onsite.
Find more markets in Perth here.
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Carmel Tea Rooms, Carmel - March 10, 2020
- No Cook Meal Delivery Services in Perth - February 29, 2020
- The Seniorocity Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - February 26, 2020