La Veen in Perth is a hip inner-city café found in a heritage listed building on the prestigious King Street. The cafe is well regarded for serving some of the city’s best brunch and coffee.
The dining area of the café is compact, so be prepared to get close to the person on the next table. It also doesn’t make for good access for wheelchairs. There is some seating out the front, overlooking Wellington Street, which may be suitable if you need a little extra room.
Our polite waitress served us promptly. The coffee is delicious and smooth. I hear Five Senses is the roast they use.
There are some great choices for tea too. This “Popsicle” tea of hibiscus, peppermint, elderflower, guava and strawberry was sweet and very enjoyable. I love their teapots and bone china cups and saucers.
I absolutely loved the dish I ordered – a crisp potato rosti ($23), topped with an avocado smash, two runny poached eggs and smoked salmon.
My husband enjoyed the avo smash ($16) with beetroot and Danish feta.
My grandson ordered the “eggs your way”, his favourite way being scrambled. You can also have poached or fried eggs. He also chose extras which included mushrooms, chorizo and crispy bacon.
All in All
La Veen is definitely worth paying a visit if when you happen to be in the city. The prices are a little on the high side, but everything is very good quality. The service is friendly and helpful. At busy times I have been told it can get a bit noisy (my husband would have to turn his hearing aid down!), but if you don’t mind a bustling atmosphere, a trendy brunch and great coffee, this spot is for you.
Address: 90 King Street, Perth.
Phone: 9321 1188
Disabled Access: Yes, there is a disabled bathroom.
Distance from Car Parking area: Being in the heart of the city there’s plenty of paid parking around. The café is also a short stroll from the Wellington Street Bus Station.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020