If you enjoy meeting up withÂ other Knitters / crocheters toÂ stitch and chat, or want to learnÂ these crafts, then come alongÂ and join our friendly group,Â many of whom knit for charities.Â Learn new techniques,Â exchange ideas or findÂ inspiration for your next project.
There are Knitting Circles at all three Cockburn Libraries. Â Sessions are free. New people are always welcome.
Do you enjoy reading books and then discussing them with others? The Cockburn Librariesâ€™ Book Clubs are a great opportunity to read new authors and engage in lively discussions and debates. They are also a great way to make new friends in a social environment.
Drop in for a cuppa and a chat at the Coolbellup Community CafĂ© and Support Group.
Talk over problems that are getting you down and share information about community resources.
People with disabilities and their carers are very welcome.
COCKBURN LIBRARIES HOSTS THE CREATIVE CORNERS WRITING CLUB AT COOLBELLUP LIBRARY
The group welcomes beginners and more experienced writers alike. Bring along your prose, poetry or any written work for feedback and ideas.Â Even if you just need encouragement to write, come along and be inspired by others in the group.
No need to book. Just come along.
Group convener isÂ Cath Hol (08) 9337 7694
Come along, armed with your favourite poems to make new friends, have great discussions and share a free cup of tea or coffee.
Get creative and learn new papercraft skills. Cards, scrapbooks, star books and paper piecing. Share ideas over a coffee!
Participants will have the opportunity to explore various papercrafting skills. Check the library event calendarÂ for exact dates and to book in for any of the workshops
All materials provided.Â Cost $10, payable on the day, to cover cost of materials.Â Â
You need to book inÂ for any workshop you want to attend.
MONTHLY EVENT: FIRST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH, 10AM TO 11.00AM AT COOLBELLUP HUB.
If you have an oversupply of home-grown fruit or veggies (or home-made produce), bring them along to the FruitÂ & Veg Swap atÂ the Coolbellup Hub (the buildingÂ where the Coolbellup Library is located)
The Fruit & Veg SwapÂ is a process of sharing rather than trading;Â no money changes hands.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bring home-grown or home-made produce, that you donâ€™t need and are happy to give freely to our community.
- As well as fruit, veg and herbs, this can include seeds, seedlings or cuttings, compost or vermiculture (worms) , flowers, etc. & even small plant pots and seedling trays.
- Eggs and preserves are welcome â€“ Swappers, you need to be aware that youÂ take these products â€śat your own riskâ€ś.
- No meat or dairy please.Â â€“ No refrigeration will be available.
- Take whatever you need and can definitely use. Stick around for a cuppa and a chat after!
- No money changes hands and there is no weighing or calculating.
- Any leftover food will be donated to charity.
Please bring your own bags to take your fruit and vegÂ home in.
The Fruit & Veg Swap is just as much about swapping skills, wisdom, ideas and community building, as it is about good, healthy food!
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.