Situated at 506 Metricup Road, a 15 minute drive north of Margaret River you will find Woody Nook Winery, a gorgeous boutique winery run by the friendliest people you will meet in the hospitality industry.
This is a small winery producing 7,000 cartons of wine grown on their vineyard, which was first planted in 1978. They produce a good variety of wines, half that are from the original vineyard are still handpicked and looking at the amount of awards displayed at the cellar door must be a testament to their quality. It was also appealing that they were very happy for you to taste all their wines, unlike some wineries who wish to charge.We enjoyed a bottle of graciano ($26) and a ploughman’s lunch board ($28) all well presented and of generous portions, a board for one was enough for two of us. The cafe restaurant is in a very secluded location in amongst trees and was lovely and quiet, just the spot to relax.The menu had enough choices to keep everyone happy and overall the prices were acceptable, and don’t miss out on the homemade ice-cream, or the icky sticky date pudding. They have a small gift shop with mostly small items to cater for the tourists
and a specially set up room for group tastings which also has a screen telling you the history of Woody Nook. Around the walls many pieces of artwork add colour and are for sale.
There is lots of parking and a small playground for kids.
You can dine inside at set tables or outside on timber slab tables and bench seats but wherever you choose you will love the relaxed and serene feel.
Woody Nook Winery
Opening times are from 8:30am to 4:30pm every day and they can be contacted at woodynook.com.au
Ph 08 9755 7547.
- Lucky Bay and Frenchmans Peak - June 6, 2019
- Eastern Foreshore Redevelopment Mandurah - February 5, 2019
- Dolphin Quays Mandurah - February 5, 2019
- BULLARA STATION STAY - November 15, 2018
- 80 Mile Beach Caravan Park - May 25, 2018
- Geraldton 24 Hour Free RV Camp - May 10, 2018
- Anniebrook Wine, Flowers, Gifts and Farm Cafe - March 22, 2018
- The Eagle Bay Brewing Co - March 19, 2018
- Woody Nook Winery - March 19, 2018
- The Shed Markets Busselton - March 12, 2018