During a recent stay in the Margaret River region, we tried a winery that is different to the usual south west spot. Fishbone has your classic offering of quality Margaret River wines, which are best enjoyed in their sushi restaurant.
First we had a wine tasting at the cellar door and there are some very good, award winning wines to choose from.
The Japanese menu has so many tasty morsels to choose from. Larger meals like ramen bowls, salad and fried rice are also available. Dine outside on the terrace, with a view over the rolling lawns and countryside. The modern dining room, by the fish tanks is also a pleasant place to sit.
We chose a section of sushi rolls to share, the portions come in half (4 rolls) and full (8 rolls). The Bulgogi Barbeque rolls GF ($17/$30) are stuffed with marinated Wagyu beef, lettuce, avocado, and spring onion.
Double salmon rolls ($17/$30) are filled with fresh salmon, avocado, onion, mayo, spring onion, topped with aburi salmon, fish roe and teriyaki sauce.
Bulgogi fries ($12) topped with bbq beef, sour cream and spicy mayo were finger licking good.
Desserts are by locals Tucker and co. These all-raw treats are totally guilt free too as they are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. We shared three. White Choc and Blueberry Cake ($8.50), orange blossom and raspberry square ($10) and a peanut butter wheel ($7.50) is also delicious. Simple, raw handmade peanut butter and caramel coated in chocolate.
We loved our light lunch at Fishbone. The service was really something special, as were the food and wine. Books are highly recommended at the popular spot. My husband, daughter and I absolutely loved the food, wine and friendly atmosphere.
Address: 422 Harmans Mill Road (Opposite Margaret River Chocolate Factory), Wilyabrup, WA.
Opening Hours: Open 7 days a week: Monday to Sunday: 10 am –4:30 pm
Phone: 9755 6726
Access: Yes, Acrod parking and disabled toilets.
Distance from Car Parking area: The carpark is right at the door.
- Tall Timbers, Manjimup - November 5, 2021
- Patsy Durack’s Rose Gardens, Gooseberry Hill - November 3, 2021
- Melvilles Rose n Garden, Carmel - October 29, 2021
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021