With winter beating a hasty path towards us, my husband and I decided to take advantage of the last of the warm weather. So we packed up the car and headed off down south for a few days R&R in Yallingup.Caves caravan park has undergone a transformation over the last few months. The addition of a new ablution block and campers kitchen has made a vast improvement to the park. There are six new self contained bathrooms, bringing a total of twelve altogether and an additional two toilets. The new bathrooms are modern wet rooms the size of an average domestic ensuite.The campers kitchen is a dream, with plenty of tables and chairs, cooker tops, microwave, kettles and toasters as well as two BBQs. There is a huge campers fridge and on the wall a big screen TV. An extra nice touch is the enormous fireplace set everyday ready to light on chilly nights. There is also a separate TV room and a games room with pool table, table tennis and assorted arcade type games.For anyone wanting a little more privacy there are plenty of caravan plots available with private ensuite bathrooms. There are also two bedroom cabins available to book if you don’t have a tent or caravan.
Across the road is a lovely bakery to pick up fresh bread and sweet treats and next door a general store which also does breakfast, sandwiches and coffees.
A two minute walk will bring you to Caves House where you can also get meals, or just pop in for a drink. And if you are feeling more energetic the beach is a 30 minute leisurely stroll through the Caves House gardens.
Caves Caravan Park
Yallingup Beach Road
PH: (08) 9755 2196
- Windward Ballooning Adventures, Northam - May 25, 2023
- Pinchos Bar De Tapas, Leederville - February 21, 2023
- Last Drop Elizabethan, Bedfordale - November 11, 2022
- Fremantle Arts Centre – Sunday Music Concerts - October 27, 2022
- The Colony Concept, Metricup - February 23, 2021
- Margaret River Farmers’ Market - February 23, 2021
- WOW Illusions, Margaret River - February 12, 2021
- Scitech, Perth - November 27, 2020
- Meelup Farmhouse - October 23, 2020
- Boddington Caravan Park - July 17, 2020