The Inglewood Night Markets are hailed as “no cook Mondays” and are a wonderful community event that brings people from far and wide to the Beaufort Street strip. A huge range of food trucks, caravans and hawker stalls line the street (between Sixth Avenue and Dundas Road), making for a vibrant food market that is packed with an array of exotic smells and dishes to try!
Held in warmer months, September till March, the night market happens each and every Monday night from 6pm onwards. We started our foodie walk at the city end, near to Mondos Butchers. It’s a nice stroll, though the crowds can often get busy, and there’s lots of buskers, adding to the atmosphere.
Our problem is deciding just what to eat! There’s a huge choice of fare, from familiar favourites to some more obscure cuisines from all around the world. The line up of vendors differs slightly each week, but you can expect to find thing like:
Woodfired pizza from Porta Pizza.
Mouth-watering meat at El Argentino
Super soups from Suppa Club
Delish Asian bao by What the Bao
Columbian empanadas from Marcelita’s
Moroccan Food by Shak Shuka
Authentic, Gluten Free Brazilian bites from the Tapi Truck
Egyptian cuisine by the Phat Pharaoh
Naasties (Toasties w Naan and Curry!) by Toast My Curry
French Crepes by La Crepe de Paris
Bomboloni (Doughnuts) from Lenu Lu
You’d need to visit regularly to even scratch the surface. There’s plenty of seating areas throughout the markets. The grassed Town Square area (near Inglewood Library) is a popular spot to throw down a picnic rug and enjoy your food along with live music.
Dogs are also welcome to come along for a walk along Beaufort Street, on a lead, of course! And there’s even a food truck or two for our furry friends too.
Whether you fancy something savoury or have a sweet tooth, there’s something here to suit everyone’s taste and budget. Best of all it’s a night off cooking!
Each Monday night, from 6pm, 24th September through until 29th April 2019.
(Excluding Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve)
For more info check out the Inglewood Night Markets website.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020