Lontara Rottnest Review
Brand new to Rottnest Island is a little slice of Bali in the form of Lontara. Located at the new Samphire Hotel, Lontara is the new offering from head chef Will Meyrick of Sarong Bali fame.
Lontara offers sophisticated beachside dining in a relaxed contemporary setting. The dining is mainly outside and features spacious lounge areas and a beachside bar where you can sip on a cocktail with your toes in the sand. Depending on the wind direction it can get a bit breezing the dining area so we’d recommend taking along a jacket.
There is also a small indoor dining room which I am sure will be popular in the winter months.
The menu is inspired by the maritime spice routes and stories surrounding the food culture of the islands of South-East Asia. The menu is well priced and is designed to be served Risjsttafel style, a Dutch word that literally translates to “rice table”. It refers to an Indonesian elaborate meal where dishes are served in small portions accompanied by rice and designed to be shared.
The is packed full of South-East Asian favourites such as Chicken Sate, Nasi Goreng, Green Curry Chicken and Slow Cooked Beef Cheek Rendang. We ordered the Pork Belly Sate and the Green Curry Chicken, which definitely wasn’t a small portion. Both dishes were exceptional and on a par with the food that we have enjoyed on our travels within South-East Asia.
A cocktail at Lontara is an experience not to be missed and what better way to enjoy it than sat on Thompson beach with your feet in the sand overlooking the Indian Ocean. We indulged in the Mezcal Mai Thai and Cocojo, which with every sip transported me to a far-flung tropical beach.
Lontara is a welcome addition to the island of Rottnest and we are looking forward to visiting again in the near future. It is advisable to book online in advance as it does get quickly booked up.
For more information visit lontara.com.au
Seniorocity travelled to Rottnest Island courtesy of SeaLink Rottnest.
- How to Decide Between In-Home and Residential Aged Care - May 4, 2022
- 4 Activities For Grandparents and Grandchildren - May 4, 2022
- 10 Tips to Get Ready for Colder Weather - May 2, 2022
- Nutritious And Great Tasting Soft Foods For Elderly Loved Ones - May 2, 2022
- ANZAC Day Services & Events in Perth 2022 - April 15, 2022
- Mindful Activities You Can Do That Are Completely Free - April 11, 2022
- Sculpture by the Sea 2022 - March 18, 2022
- 2022 Alliance Française French Film Festival - February 25, 2022
- Cycling Without Age - October 15, 2021
- King Mini Bus Charter - September 15, 2021