We’ve brunched at Lot One Kitchen Hillarys a couple of times, and we always found the menu delicious. We’d not stopped by in a while, so we thought we’d see if it was still as good as ever. The café-restaurant north on Hillarys marina, was packed out. Though it was about 1pm, we were satisfied by both breakfast and lunch style dishes from the all-day menu. The eatery is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner has had a stylish feel, with fit out. There’s plenty of tables, as well as casual sofas too.
The service was warm and helpful. The all day menu has plenty of choice for all – from pancakes and big breakfasts, to burgers and gnocchi. I felt like something healthy and nourishing, which the “Healing Bowl” ($18) certainly is! A bowl is packed with turmeric sweet potato, ancient grains, toasted seeds, avocado, wild rocket with a zesty preserved lemon and herb dressing. This dish also ticks many boxes – it’s vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and dairy free. I also added chicken for an extra $8.
My husband loved the Reuben Panini ($20). Shaved corned beef, melted Swiss cheese, pickles and house fermented kraut on a fresh panini. Creamy Russian dressing and chips are served on the side.
Another popular dish on our table was the slow roast lamb hash ($23), with sautéed baby zucchini, charred capsicum, fried egg, and salsa Verdi.
Lot One Kitchen Hillarys has a tasty offering, whatever the time of day. We were impressed with the quality, serving size and flavour of all of our dishes. The northern suburbs spot is well worth a try.
Lot One Kitchen – The Details
Address: 46 Angove Dr, Hillarys.
Phone: 9403 4090
Parking: Street parking and limited underground parking.
Dog Friendly: Yes, dogs are welcome in the alfresco area.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, children’s menu, play corner and highchairs are available.
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Carmel Tea Rooms, Carmel - March 10, 2020
- No Cook Meal Delivery Services in Perth - February 29, 2020