We’ve brunched at Lot One Kitchen Hillarys a couple of times, and we always found the menu delicious. We’d not stopped by in a while, so we thought we’d see if it was still as good as ever. The café-restaurant north on Hillarys marina, was packed out. Though it was about 1pm, we were satisfied by both breakfast and lunch style dishes from the all-day menu. The eatery is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner has had a stylish feel, with fit out. There’s plenty of tables, as well as casual sofas too.
The service was warm and helpful. The all day menu has plenty of choice for all – from pancakes and big breakfasts, to burgers and gnocchi. I felt like something healthy and nourishing, which the “Healing Bowl” ($18) certainly is! A bowl is packed with turmeric sweet potato, ancient grains, toasted seeds, avocado, wild rocket with a zesty preserved lemon and herb dressing. This dish also ticks many boxes – it’s vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and dairy free. I also added chicken for an extra $8.
My husband loved the Reuben Panini ($20). Shaved corned beef, melted Swiss cheese, pickles and house fermented kraut on a fresh panini. Creamy Russian dressing and chips are served on the side.
Another popular dish on our table was the slow roast lamb hash ($23), with sautéed baby zucchini, charred capsicum, fried egg, and salsa Verdi.
Lot One Kitchen Hillarys has a tasty offering, whatever the time of day. We were impressed with the quality, serving size and flavour of all of our dishes. The northern suburbs spot is well worth a try.
Lot One Kitchen – The Details
Address: 46 Angove Dr, Hillarys.
Phone: 9403 4090
Parking: Street parking and limited underground parking.
Dog Friendly: Yes, dogs are welcome in the alfresco area.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, children’s menu, play corner and highchairs are available.
- Tall Timbers, Manjimup - November 5, 2021
- Patsy Durack’s Rose Gardens, Gooseberry Hill - November 3, 2021
- Melvilles Rose n Garden, Carmel - October 29, 2021
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021