The Local and Aesthetic café, on the quieter end of Mount Lawley’s Beaufort Street, is a spacious café. There’s plenty of tables, a small outdoor area, and a few comfy sofas too. The coffees are good. The award-winning Perth Kaltiva roast is used. Tea, juices, kombucha and more are also on the drinks menu.
The menu has many breakfast and lunch favourites, as well as some creative seasonal dishes showcasing WA bush foods. (Smashed avo with vegemite cracker or granola with lemon myrtle).
The big “Open Bacon and Egg Sando” ($16) has a poached egg, bacon, bush chutney, parmesan and wilted greens topped on a thick slice of sourdough bread.
The house cured salmon ($22) is a lovely dish, served with lemon myrtle whipped fetta, and pickles on bread.
As well as stopping by for a bite to eat, or coffee there’s a few retail spots to browse too. Add a vinyl album to your collection at Rhubarb Records, see amazing art and other products created by Indigenous artists at the FISH retail space, or book in for a sports massage at Fort Remedial Massage and Pilates, and browse local art at the ever-changing gallery.
Find Local and Aesthetic at 769 Beaufort Street, Mount Lawley.
Please Note – though Local and Aesthetic is right next to the IGA, parking is prohibited in their undercover carpark unless you are shopping at IGA. Local and Aesthetic has its own car park next door.
- Best Outdoor Cinemas in Perth - November 23, 2023
- Where to Buy Indoor Plants in Perth - November 3, 2023
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 2, 2023
- Weekend Drives in Perth - September 29, 2023
- Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 15, 2023
- Perth’s Best Waterfalls - September 14, 2023
- Amaze Miniature Park, Barragup - September 14, 2023
- Lake Leschenaultia, Chidlow - September 8, 2023
- Raeburn Orchards, Roleystone - September 7, 2023
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - August 31, 2023