Monty’s in Scarborough is a little cafe found in the heart of the popular beach’s cafe strip. The coffee and brunch spot is particularly popular with those who like to eat fresh, healthy meals. There’s plenty of gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options on the menu. The café is a good spot for a little people watching. A small alfresco area has seating overlooking the famous Scarborough clock, and there’s a few tables inside the small café too.
The cabinet has a range of raw treats, croissants and more. We were there for a meal and we were pleased with the many tasty options of both the brunch and lunch menus. I enjoyed a refreshing glass of watermelon and strawberry juice. There’s lots of different flavour concoctions of juices available. The coffee is also good.
For lunch I enjoyed the sweet potato and zucchini patties ($18), with runny poached eggs, haloumi cheese, spinach and a very tasty red pepper relish.
My Husband loved the Huevos Rancheros ($19), a baked Mexican eggs dish, with spiced beans, jalapenos, avocado and roasted peppers. A dollop of sour cream cools the spicy sauce, and there’s bread on the side for dipping.
Staff were chatty, friendly and helpful. The food was fresh and well cooked, we’d happily return to Monty’s in Scarborough for more.
Monty’s – The Details
Address: Shop 12/148 The Esplanade, Scarborough.
Phone: 9341 5263
Parking: Plenty of parking in the surrounding carpark, busy at peak summer times. Right next to bus stop, for easy public transport links.
Dog Friendly: Yes, dogs are allowed in the alfresco area.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, children’s menu available.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020