If you’re travelling to Margaret River, you can’t miss the small country town of Cowaramup. Dubbed “Cow Town” by locals, it’s not hard to see why – the place is jam packed with loads and loads of cow statues and surrounded by green fields of cows. Cowaramup is a great little place to stop, especially if you enjoy browsing gift shops and love gourmet food and wine. The Margaret River Wine Centre is perfect if you’re short on time. They sell 500 varieties of Margaret River wines from 50 local vineyards.
MuKau Giftware and Gallery is also just found off Bussel Highway. The quirky shop is jam packed with gifts to treat yourself and others to. I found a lovely moo-cow mug!
Be sure to take a wander around the upstairs gallery too, where there’s lots of vibrant prints and sculptures.
Candy Cow is a mecca for sweet tooths. Watch as their famous fudge is made in many tempting flavours. The shop also sells every sweet, chocolate and lolly imaginable.
Head next door to Gourmet Food Merchant to stock up on chutneys, dukka, EVOO, and other local goodies for your cheese board. They also make a great coffee.
Moonhaven is a great spot to shop if you’re into wellness, essential oils and herbal gifts. You can also grab a drink and bite to eat at the Cowtown Café and Bakeshop, as well as the Black Sheep Café.
Also in the Cowaramup area is The Cowaramup Brewing Co, just a short drive away…
And the quaint Millers Ice creamery. Both spots are worth a visit.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020