When you think of Myaree you probably think of industrial area and retail shops on Leach Highway, well take a turn off Leach Highway and follow the signs and take a drive to the backblocks of industrial Myaree and you will find the Otherside Brewing Co. This is where the production brewery is, and you will also find a Brewhouse where you can enjoy a brew or 2.
The Brewhouse is open:
THURSDAY: 4pm – 8pm
FRIDAY: 4pm – 9pm
SATURDAY: 12noon – 9pm
SUNDAY: 12noon – 8pm
It has a modern funky set up with a central bar, lots of seats and tables and even live music on a Sunday afternoon. Driving down Blaikie street you could miss it but follow the signs and you are in for a treat. It looks like your own backyard, but it is a friendly local hangout for people of all ages; kids and even dogs. There are a couple of play areas to entertain the kids or grandkids while you check out the selection of beers and cider too. Unfortunately, no wine but I guess it is a ridgey didge brewery, although it would be nice to at least offer some wines for the non-beer drinkers amongst us.
You can get a tasting paddle with a sample tasting of 6 different beers or buy a middy or pint and try, cost is $18. The cider was nice too, based on granny smith apples. They have other beers too and I believe their current speciality is Banana Milkshake IPA, wasn’t available for tasting but sounded very interesting. Prices are reasonable with a pint around $10-12.
They have their own resident food truck and every week there is a different menu inspired by cuisines from all over the world. Today it was Mexican Cantina and it looked like it was very popular as a few items had sold out. Most of the meals are around $15.
If you enjoy the beers, they have a fridge full of beer to takeaway.
Very much a laid-back place to have a couple of brews, chill out and enjoy the music. A nice place to while away an afternoon.
- Bungle Bungle Adventurer, Kununurra - August 27, 2021
- Lake Argyle Cruises Sunset Magic - August 13, 2021
- Up Close and Local Tours Coffee and Brunch Walking Tour - July 29, 2021
- Emily Taylor Bar and Restaurant Fremantle - April 30, 2021
- Republic of Fremantle Distillery Tour and Tasting - April 23, 2021
- LA CABANA Bar and Taqueria, South Fremantle - April 8, 2021
- Otherside Brewing Co. Myaree - March 13, 2019
- Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - March 13, 2019
- Christmas in July in the Ferguson Valley - March 13, 2019