Bathers Beach House restaurant is just behind the busy tourist spot of Fishing Boat Harbour in Fremantle and is the only place in the Greater Perth area where customers can relax on the beach with alcohol.
The restaurant has a very relaxed vibe with deckchairs on the beach as well as a large shaded outside are and two inside floors.
We opted for a tapas selection while sitting outside on a beautiful WA afternoon. Char-grilled ciabatta with chorizo, olives and pickled red onion ($9) was okay but the chorizo was very elusive and the red onion didn’t add anything to the dish. Pan-seared king prawns, avocado salsa, garlic and herb beurre blanc croutons ($20) was very well seasoned and tasty. Three zucchini, jalapeno and corn fritters with spiced pumpkin yoghurt ($12) were delicious and we also ordered steakhouse chips with tomato sauce ($7).
The star of the show turned out to be the steakhouse chips! Very crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside and what a plateful. Highly recommended.
Bathers also offers an extensive beer, wine and cocktail list. Sitting outside in the Fremantle sunshine with a salted caramel espresso martini is also highly recommended!
Even though the restaurant was very busy, our young French server was very friendly and attentive.
Diners sitting in the outside area can expect to pay for their meals on ordering.
Parking can be difficult around Fishing Boat Harbour so it is much better to go early and nab a spot. Take a train if you don’t mind walking from Fremantle Station to the restaurant or catch the free Blue CAT bus to stops 14 or 15, on the Esplanade, for a shorter walk.
Address: 47 Mews Road, Fremantle
Phone: 08 9430 4211
Opening hours: Seven days from 11am
Gluten-free options: Yes
Entertainment Book: No
- Cheynes Beach Caravan Park Albany - April 8, 2021
- Riverbrook Restaurant Swan Valley - April 8, 2021
- Perth Hash House Harriers - April 8, 2021
- Supernova Film Review - April 8, 2021
- Spritz Spizzicheria, Mount Hawthorn - April 8, 2021
- Loft 22 Albany - April 8, 2021
- Rustlers Steakhouse and Grill Albany - April 8, 2021
- Three Anchors Bar and Restaurant Albany - April 8, 2021
- National ANZAC Centre Albany - April 1, 2021
- Albany’s Historic Whaling Station - March 25, 2021