When taking some time out in the Southern Forest timber town of Pemberton, be sure to stop at the Lavender and Berry Farm. The picturesque spot is found on a lake, and surrounded by fragrant, flowering lavender bushes. Find a table in the enclosed café, or out in the garden, and enjoy a cuppa with a famous “Pemby Pancake” or why not treat yourself to a scoop of two of lavender ice cream.
Wander the grounds, say hi to the farm animals and browse the gifts in the gift shop. The shop has home-made preserves, lollies, jams, soaps and many other local products to buy. There’s a lot of products with the beautiful bright blue splendid fairy wrens on too, which you may spot in the gardens.
On the menu there are hot and cold drinks on offer. We found most people are there to try the famous pancakes and the home-made ice cream that comes in many flavours, including berry, honey and of course lavender flavour. We decided against ordering the pancakes, as we were advised of a long wait. The farm was quite busy, being school holidays. The plate-sized pancakes look delicious, and would be good to share.
We tried the lavender ice cream, not knowing what flavour to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to find it has a very tasty musk like flavour. Yum!
If you are visiting with grandchildren, a playground by the fenced lake is simple, but adequate. There are plenty of picnic tables here too.
Adults and children alike will like to say hello to the farm animals – alpacas, sheep and miniature ponies. Bags of food are also available for purchase.
The Lavender and Berry Farm offers accommodation in their lake view timber cottages. Sweet spot, the Lavender and Berry Farm, is a must stop in Pemberton.
Find the Lavender and Berry Farm at 174 Browns Road, Pemberton.
Get more info on their website.
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021