Canning River Café in Wilson is a lovely spot for a coffee and walk! Found at the serene Canning River Regional Park, the café is well worth a visit. Orders are placed at the counter, while meals and drinks are delivered to your table. As all of the seating is alfresco (but mainly covered) dogs are welcome in the cafe, there is also a bowl of water for the dogs at the entrance. We enjoyed some coffees and a generous pot of tea.
The menu has a good variety of brunch and lunch choices including a big focus on gluten free options. The cafe offers all-day breakfast and a lunch menu from 12pm. The cabinet also has many freshly made savouries and sweets. One of the things we enjoyed most about the menu is the “half portion” option. Perfect for those who have a small appetite, as well as children.
We found the coffee and food to both be very tasty and of a high standard. The bacon eggs benedict was absolutely delicious and we found the half portion ($14) to be satisfying. The potato rosti was well seasoned and crisp, while the egg was perfectly poached.
Our daughter enjoyed a gluten free strawberry tart with her coffee.
After our breakfast, we took a walk across the bridge and along one of the walk trails. As well as many walk trails, there is also picnic facilities, a dog park, a playground, the Castledere mini railway, and large expanses of grass on the banks of the Canning River.
The Canning River Cafe Wilson takes reservations and it is advised to book ahead for busy periods. We found the service efficient and friendly. We’ll most certainly be back.
The Canning River Cafe is found at Kent St, Wilson
Cafe is open 7am to 3pm seven days.
Public toilets are located in the park area.
- Museum of Geraldton - October 12, 2020
- Goanna Golf, Bicton - October 8, 2020
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2020
- Canning River Café, Wilson - September 22, 2020
- Canning River Regional Park - September 22, 2020
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 7, 2020
- Raeburn Orchards, Roleystone - August 31, 2020
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - August 21, 2020
- Riverbank Estate, Caversham - August 19, 2020
- Cup Cup and Away, Roleystone - August 17, 2020