Love a glass of cider, craft beer or locally made wine? You can get all this, plus excellent food at the new Swan Valley spot Funk 2.0 . This cidery is the second venue, the first Funk Cider is a more casual spot in Caversham. Approaching Funk 2.0, we realised it has previously been home to other cellar doors, including the original Evans and Tate winery.
We received a very warm welcome from the staff behind the bar. Al the staff were very personable and knew their stuff when it came to beverages. My husband enjoyed a few craft beer tasters. While I loved their Michael Bros range of non-alcoholic sodas. I even took a few home.
There are both indoor and outdoor dining spots. On this chilly June day, we enjoyed a cosy table next to an open fireplace. In warmer months there’s plenty of seating outside under shade sails, by the rows of grapevines.
The menu is a mix of share dishes, as well as larger plates you may, or may not want to share. We shared a beef cap platter for tow ($38pp). The generous serve of meat is complimented with tasty kipfler potatoes, baby carrots, chimichurri and grilled spring onion. It was absolutely delicious.
That would have been plenty for two hungry people. We also enjoyed a roast pumpkin salad, with fresh herbs, sweet pomegranate, and a strawberry caramel.
If you like Funk Cider be sure to visit their new “grown up” sister venue. Like us, you’ll be sure to want to make a return visit to Funk 2.0 for a tipple or two.
Find Funk 2.0 at 38 Swan Street, Henley Brook.
- Weekend Drives in Perth - July 24, 2021
- New Ritual, Midland - July 21, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - July 1, 2021
- Fitness Parks for Seniors in Perth - June 29, 2021
- Funk 2.0 , Henley Brook - June 29, 2021
- The Fave, Floreat - June 29, 2021
- Mandurah Cruises - June 25, 2021
- Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse, Naturaliste - June 22, 2021
- The Bell Tower, Perth - June 21, 2021
- AQWA -The Aquarium of Western Australia, Hillarys - June 21, 2021