LA CABANA Bar and Taqueria Review
If you want a taste of Mexico without the travel then LA CABANA in South Fremantle is the place to visit. You have to know where you are going as there appears to be no signage on the outside, I couldn’t see any. 400 South Terrace South Fremantle, where Missy Moo’s used to be if you are familiar with South Freo. They don’t take bookings so be prepared to wait at busy times. We went on a Friday evening 6pm and there was a small queue, we waited about 15 minutes. They are happy to take your name and will call you when they have a table, otherwise, you can wait at the bar.
It is very authentic inside and out, there is a smaller eating area inside with the bar and kitchen and then there is a larger outdoor garden area, decorated Mexican style with wooden furniture and lots of plants, even the odd cactus. There was an abundance of staff to help and orders were taken quickly and meals served tapas-style.
Loved the menu, we chose the Seared South West Rump which was so tender and flavoured, Burnt Sweetcorn Salad – yum and the Hand Crushed Potatoes which were amazing…..to be honest, we ordered another bowl they were so tasty. Would love next time to try the Tacos and Tostados, what we saw coming out of the kitchen looked amazing. With me being gluten intolerant what I loved was that all dishes are gluten, dairy, nut-free unless noted. There was one dish on the whole menu that had gluten, so win-win for me.
Lots of Mexican style cocktails and beers and a good choice of wines as well, also had a number of non-alcoholic beverages on the menu. All at reasonable prices.
Service was great, very friendly and attentive. Drinks came out quickly and the food followed not long after. I am sure they are aware of the growing line outside but at no stage did we feel rushed.
Great fun place to go with amazing authentic Mexican food, all for a good price and a great atmosphere. Definitely will be going back.
- The Pumphouse Restaurant and Bar Kununurra - September 17, 2021
- Bungle Bungle Adventurer, Kununurra - August 27, 2021
- Lake Argyle Cruises Sunset Magic - August 13, 2021
- Up Close and Local Tours Coffee and Brunch Walking Tour - July 29, 2021
- Emily Taylor Bar and Restaurant Fremantle - April 30, 2021
- Republic of Fremantle Distillery Tour and Tasting - April 23, 2021
- LA CABANA Bar and Taqueria, South Fremantle - April 8, 2021
- Otherside Brewing Co. Myaree - March 13, 2019
- Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - March 13, 2019
- Christmas in July in the Ferguson Valley - March 13, 2019