Mrs S, found on the corner of Whatley Crescent and Eighth Avenue in Maylands, was one of the original to-go brunching spots in Perth nearly a decade ago. We visited the café for the first time, with our daughter, after a stroll around the area’s many gift shops. The quirky little café has many sweet details, freshly baked treats on the counter and a tasty menu too.
There’s plenty of seating in the small eatery, we perched at the end of a long, communal table. Limited seating is available outside, by the road. We were handed a “little golden book” each, and we soon realised that they are the menu covers. My husband was delighted to get “The Lone Ranger” book, a childhood favourite of his, and even tried to buy the book off the café!
The coffee is good and served in big mugs for those that like to be well caffeinated. There are teas, juices and soft drinks also available.
Oven roasted pumpkin wedges is a tasty brunch for veggie lovers. The chunky wedges hide under mountains of green leaves, served with grilled chorizo (a touch chewy), pepitas, a runny poached egg, parmesan and a dill sour cream sauce ($22).
My daughter enjoyed her bacon, avo and egg with hollandaise sauce.
Mrs S is a bustling little spot right in the heart of Maylands. It’s a busy area and parking can sometimes be difficult to find. The popular café strip also includes Sherbet and Chapels on Whatley – all worth popping by!
Find Mrs S at 178 Whatley Cres, Maylands – opposite the Maylands Train Station.
- Second Chance, Walliston - August 15, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Accommodation and Dining in Albany - August 15, 2022
- Paint and Sip Perth - August 10, 2022
- Best Accommodation and Restaurants in Denmark - August 5, 2022
- The Seniorocity Guide to Things to Do in Denmark and Walpole - August 5, 2022
- Denmark Chocolate Company, Ocean Beach - August 3, 2022
- Dating Sites for Seniors - July 26, 2022
- Sunday Roasts in Perth - July 20, 2022
- Things to do in Donnybrook - July 19, 2022
- Swan View Tunnel, Swan View - July 19, 2022