Each month, the bustling heart of Bassendean comes alive with the Old Perth Road Markets. The Sunday morning event is perfect for stocking up the fridge with fresh fruit and vegetables, bread and other artisan foods. Here there’s places to enjoy a tasty breakfast and even treat yourself to a handmade gift.
The markets are held on the last Sunday of the month (Apr to Oct), from 9am to 1.30pm – handy for those late risers on a Sunday! For the warmer months – that’s November, December, February and March – the Old Perth Markets are held on a Saturday night.
The markets have more of a focus on arts and crafts, than food, so it’s an ideal place to find a unique gift or treat yourself to something special. The line-up of stalls changes each month. Here’s an idea of what you may find…
I loved these wind chimes made from old silverware.
Locally made gin.
Beautifully crafted woodwork.
For green thumbs, there’s a wide range of potted plants and succulents.
There’s even an “Ask an expert panel”. A brilliant idea, which I’ve not seen before. Here it’s free to ask an expert a question. We noticed a plumber, marketing professional and a thermomix expert.
For grandkids, there’s entertainment. Fur kids are welcome too on leads. Live entertainment creates a vibrant atmosphere. The Market are also a great spot to have a tasty breakfast of lunch. There’s a coffee van and of course a sausage sizzle!
While there aren’t as many food trucks as I’d expected, there are lots of cafes along the Old Perth Road Strip, to pop in for a cuppa or a feed at the Bassendean Hotel. The Old Perth Road Markets Bassendean are well worth a visit.
Old Perth Road Markets, Bassendean – The Details
The Old Perth Road Markets Bassendean are held on the last Sunday of each month (Apr to Oct)
Address: Old Perth Road, corner of Guildford Road, Bassendean.
Parking: There is plenty of parking and Bassendean train station is right across the road.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020