If you love a view served up with your cuppa, The Boatshed café in South Perth, is a beautiful spot. The café is found right on the banks of the Swan River, near to Coode Street Jetty. The spectacular water views and of Perth’s city skyline make for a great meeting place for a coffee and even an easy river walk.
Boatshed Café, next to the more formal Boatshed Restaurant, is open seven days a week. On the menu there’s breakfast dishes as well as many crowd pleasing lunch favourites – fish ‘n chips, steak sandwiches, gnocchi and more. We were there for a morning coffee. There’s cakes, slices and more in the display cabinet.
The bustling café isn’t huge, though there are many tables by the windows, perfect for gazing at that view. When we visited, we did think that the windows could do with a good clean though! The walls are adorned with many vibrant artworks. If one catches your eye, the good news is that they are also for sale.
We enjoyed a good coffee.
As well as a very tasty slice of orange and almond cake.
A fully fenced playground makes the Boatshed a perfect spot for a bite to eat with grandkids too.
If you have a furry friend with you, there are a few tables under cover at the entrance. This area also has dog water bowls. Public toilets are located on the opposite side of the building. The café is next to the Boatshed restaurant.
All in all the Boatshed Café is a pleasant spot for a cuppa or a casual bite to eat. I’d recommend pairing a visit with a walk along the river.
The Boatshed Café South Perth – The Details
Address: Coode St Jetty, Coode St, South Perth.
Phone: 9474 1314
Parking: A large carpark is right next to the café. At the time of writing this is free.
- Eneabba - February 26, 2021
- The Seniorocity Guide to Geraldton - February 26, 2021
- HMAS Sydney II Memorial, Geraldton - February 17, 2021
- Salt Dish Cafe, Geraldton - February 17, 2021
- Cooee, West Perth - February 15, 2021
- The Kiosk Fremantle - February 15, 2021
- Taphouse at Mulberry Estate, Caversham - February 10, 2021
- Landsdale Plants, Darch - February 10, 2021
- Railway Reserves Heritage Trail, Mundaring - January 31, 2021
- The Mallard Duck, Henley Brook - January 30, 2021