Portofinos is one of the few cafés, north of the river with direct beach access. Sitting on a large area in Quinns Rock beach, the café, little sister to Portofinos Restaurant next door, has enviable views over the ocean.
Sunday morning breakfast at Portofinos Café is a tradition with locals and more than a few tourists. We booked for 9am and it was starting to get busy – by the time we left there was a sizeable queue waiting for tables.
Breakfast dishes are very reasonably priced. Bacon and eggs with tomato and sourdough bread is $15, Buttermilk pancakes $16 and Eggs Benedict $18. We both opted for the Breakfast Board – granola, ciabatta, smashed avocado, two poached eggs, feta, chilli lime dressing and two hash browns ($20) served on a large wooden board.
The poached eggs were runny, hash browns well-cooked, lots of avocado and the dressing was lovely. We felt the granola did not have enough yoghurt but that was our only quibble.
Portofinos also do a roaring trade at lunch and dinner as well as dine-in or take-away cakes. Order at the counter and food is served at the table. The servers were pleasant but this type of ordering does not encourage interaction with the staff.
It is a popular stop for grandparents enjoying a no doubt, well-deserved coffee as their grandchildren play on the outside children’s area. Lots of parking available at the front of the café including ACROD spaces.
Address: 2 Quinns Road, Mindarie
Phone: 08 9305 7200
Opening hours: 7 days a week from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm
Gluten-free options: Yes
Vegetarian options: Yes
- The Offshore Café and Bakery, Lancelin - November 22, 2021
- North Beach Deli - November 22, 2021
- Lobster Shack, Cervantes - November 22, 2021
- The Pinnacles - November 12, 2021
- Balthazar Restaurant, Perth - October 29, 2021
- Nobu Crown Perth - October 8, 2021
- Decanter, Victoria Park - October 8, 2021
- Crown Towers Perth - October 1, 2021
- Bib & Tucker, North Fremantle - September 17, 2021
- The Pipers Inn, Currambine - September 3, 2021