Love a bushwalk? Rocky Pool Walk Trail is a very popular hiking spot in the Perth Hills, just minutes from the centre of Kalamunda. There are a few challenging hiking trails to the beautiful Rocky Pool – the easiest and most direct of the lot is from the carpark at the end of Schipp Road in Piesse Brook. We set off down the wide, gravel track from the carpark, to explore the Kalamunda National Park.
The scenery along the way is just beautiful. There’s a lot of huge granite boulders throughout the bush. Most of the trail follows a stream to the natural pool. There’s many info boards along the way, about the local fauna and flora and a couple of benches too.
Be sure to visit in late winter, early spring to see plenty of wildflowers.
In the 1930s, Rocky Pool was a mecca in the Perth Hills for people to gather and swim. We visited in late Spring, so the water had started to recede. I’m told that it’s an even more spectacular sight during a wet winter. It’s a nice spot for a paddle, but do be wary of slippery rocks.
The trip there and back was around 3.5kms. You’ll need to have a good fitness level to complete this as there are a few steep hills.
Find the beginning of the Rocky Pool walk trail at Schipp Road in Piesse Brook, near Kalamunda.
- Best Outdoor Cinemas in Perth - November 23, 2023
- Where to Buy Indoor Plants in Perth - November 3, 2023
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 2, 2023
- Weekend Drives in Perth - September 29, 2023
- Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 15, 2023
- Perth’s Best Waterfalls - September 14, 2023
- Amaze Miniature Park, Barragup - September 14, 2023
- Lake Leschenaultia, Chidlow - September 8, 2023
- Raeburn Orchards, Roleystone - September 7, 2023
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - August 31, 2023