The Little Nook in Darlington is a lovely spot for a quality cuppa in the Perth Hills. Perched up high off the road is the small and a little bit quirky café. Enter from the car park via the dentists, and you’ll find both indoor and outdoor dining. The narrow balcony is a lovely place to sit and soak up the sounds of the birds in the gumtrees. Dogs are welcome, but given the small space, this is best suited to smaller dogs.
The coffee is by Bolt, a favourite local roast of ours, made in Midland. My husband tells me his pot of English Breakfast tea was also very good.
At the Little Nook, their menu runs all day – making it a perfect spot for brekkie if you’re a late riser. The cabinet is home to lots of freshly made goodies too, including lots of Gluten Free options.
My husband loved the Veggie Breakfast ($23) free range eggs, garlic & thyme mushrooms, spicy house beans, oven roasted tomatoes, avocado, spinach, house relish, and feta served on toasted sourdough. All elements of the generous dish were delicious.
I chose a “warm buddah bowl” ($18) for lunch. The fresh dish is packed with roasted vegetables, garlic and thyme mushrooms, spicy chickpeas, oven roasted tomatoes, homemade relish, homemade dukka, fetta, spinach all on a bed of quinoa. This was delicious and I couldn’t resist adding a side of bacon too.
All in all we really enjoyed our lunch at the Little Nook, a spot we came across quite by accident as we took a drive through the Perth Hills. It’s well worth stopping by.
Find The Little Nook at 2 Montrose Avenue, Darlington.
Get more information on their Facebook page.
- Senior Card Dining Discounts at Perth Restaurants - May 13, 2021
- Bean 2 Brook, Pickering Brook - May 10, 2021
- Movie Review: United States Vs Billie Holiday - April 14, 2021
- Valley of the Giants, Walpole - April 2, 2021
- Aravina Estate, Yallingup - April 2, 2021
- Cooking with Every Plate - April 1, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - March 31, 2021
- Flic’s Kitchen, Mandurah - March 31, 2021
- Containers for Change - March 25, 2021
- Amaze Miniature Park, Barragup - March 17, 2021