Found at the new Batavia Marina precinct, Skeetas has been serving good food to the folk of Geraldton for nearly 30 years. Skeetas has stunning water views, making it ideal for a sunset dinner. The venue is open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We found the welcome friendly, though you could tell the wait staff were run off their feet, as we did wait at the door to be seated for a couple of minutes. We were there for an early dinner, the only spot we could book at the popular restaurant. We sat on the window, blinds shielding us from the glary late-afternoon sun.
Local West Aussie seafood is featured on the menu. Fresh Shark Bay whiting ($37) is lightly battered and served with chips, salad, lemon and a house-made tartare sauce.
A cauliflower risotto ($21) ticks boxes for those with a gluten intolerance or vegetarian diets. Tossed with garlic buttered greens, hazelnuts, parmesan and currants, it’s a tasty dish indeed.
A couple of desserts, including a lemon crumble and moist flourless chocolate cake rounded out an enjoyable dinner.
We liked Skeetas a lot. I also visited for lunch a couple of days later, meeting with my Geraldton School friends, from many moons ago! Skeetas is certainly a great place to stop for a meal with a view.
Find Skeetas at 3/219 Foreshore Drive, Marina Precinct, Geraldton
Get more information on their website.
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 20, 2020
- Skeetas, Geraldton - October 29, 2020
- Café Fleur, Geraldton - October 29, 2020
- The Little Nook, Darlington - October 28, 2020
- Museum of Geraldton - October 12, 2020
- Goanna Golf, Bicton - October 8, 2020
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2020
- Canning River Café, Wilson - September 22, 2020
- Canning River Regional Park - September 22, 2020
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 7, 2020