If you enjoy a beer and pub food, Taphouse located at Mulberry Estate, is a good spot to check out. Found on the banks of the Swan River, the casual spot has plenty of picnic tables, and even mini golf.
The venue is geared towards families, with a small kids play area, and large sized garden games like connect four and draughts. It’s a nice spot to meet up with your grandchildren.
There’s a selection of pub-style food on the menu. If you’re into craft beer, there is a range of Gage Road Brewing Co and Boston Brewery beers on tap. So why not order a tasting paddle!
On the menu are small dishes, share platters and pizzas, perfect for nibbling on. Traditional pub lunch favourites include a steak sandwiches, burgers and salads too.
On this occasion we didn’t stop for lunch, but the beer garden looks inviting.
We played mini golf with our daughter and grandson. It costs $39 for a family of four to play. We paid and got our putters, balls and pencil from the bar.
The 18 hole Australian-themed course has a few (fake) kangaroos, windmills, magpies and kookaburras in the trees to spot. It’s a fairly simple course, with a few obstacles like uneven ground and tunnels, thrown in at each hole. Each hole is marked by a beer-tap.
Being under big trees, there’s plenty of leaves and sticks getting in the way too! The challenging course is mostly shaded by trees, and there is a shady structure with seating, but it’s worth covering up with some sunscreen too in summer.
Taphouse is a good spot to spend a couple of hours in the Swan Valley. It’s open 11am to 4pm on Fridays, and 11am till 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Be sure to check their Facebook page for up-to-date details.
Find Taphouse at Mulberry on Swan, 34 Hamersley Road, Caversham.
- Movie Review: United States Vs Billie Holiday - April 14, 2021
- Valley of the Giants, Walpole - April 2, 2021
- Aravina Estate, Yallingup - April 2, 2021
- Cooking with Every Plate - April 1, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - March 31, 2021
- Flic’s Kitchen, Mandurah - March 31, 2021
- Containers for Change - March 25, 2021
- Amaze Miniature Park, Barragup - March 17, 2021
- Decadent C’s, Barragup - March 17, 2021
- The Seniorocity Guide to Westfield Carousel - March 10, 2021