The Camfield, found in the shadow of Optus Stadium, is Australia’s biggest pub. It’s a popular (and busy) place to visit for a pre game drink. It’s also a very pleasant place for a quiet lunch on a non-event day.
The immense pub has many different areas to sit. Find a table on the wrap around verandas which have views of the Swan River, city skyline and Optus Stadium.
Inside, there are many dining options, including regular tables, high tables and booths. The Camfield brews it’s own “” beer onsite, and there are also plenty of crowd pleasers on tap.
Out the back you’ll find a large beer garden, complete with a “rooftop” container to sit and enjoy an elevated view. There’s plenty of tables, as well as live sports on a giant screen. Dogs are welcome to sit in the outdoor area too – handy if you’re taking your pooch for a walk along the Swan River.
On the pub-style menu are pizzas, salads, share plates, bar snacks and more substantial mains. I enjoyed the tasty beer battered fish & chips ($24) with tartar sauce, rocket and lemon.
My husband adored the generous portion of roast pork belly ($28) with potatoes, leek, Brussel sprouts, apple sauce, crisp crackle and lashings of gravy.
Despite its size, we found the service very friendly and the food excellent. The Camfield is open 7 days a week. Before visiting, it’s definitely worth checking to see if there’s a large event on at Optus Stadium, as the carpark will be closed. We’d absolutely recommend stopping by for lunch.
The Camfield – The Details
Address: 1 Roger Mackay Drive, Burswood.
Phone: 6314 1360
Parking: Parking is available right next to The Camfield. There is no parking available on event days at Optus Stadium when train and bus services are provided.
Dog Friendly: yes, dogs are welcome on a leash outside.
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Take Away Cafes and Restaurants in Perth - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Things to Do Indoors When You’re Self Isolating - March 24, 2020
- Bickley Valley Fresh, Perth Hills - March 20, 2020
- House of Conti, Woodvale – CLOSED - March 14, 2020
- Yefsi, Northbridge - March 14, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - March 14, 2020