The Camfield, found in the shadow of Optus Stadium, is Australia’s biggest pub. It’s a popular (and busy) place to visit for a pre game drink. It’s also a very pleasant place for a quiet lunch on a non-event day.
The immense pub has many different areas to sit. Find a table on the wrap around verandas which have views of the Swan River, city skyline and Optus Stadium.
Inside, there are many dining options, including regular tables, high tables and booths. The Camfield brews it’s own “” beer onsite, and there are also plenty of crowd pleasers on tap.
Out the back you’ll find a large beer garden, complete with a “rooftop” container to sit and enjoy an elevated view. There’s plenty of tables, as well as live sports on a giant screen. Dogs are welcome to sit in the outdoor area too – handy if you’re taking your pooch for a walk along the Swan River.
On the pub-style menu are pizzas, salads, share plates, bar snacks and more substantial mains. I enjoyed the tasty beer battered fish & chips ($24) with tartar sauce, rocket and lemon.
My husband adored the generous portion of roast pork belly ($28) with potatoes, leek, Brussel sprouts, apple sauce, crisp crackle and lashings of gravy.
Despite its size, we found the service very friendly and the food excellent. The Camfield is open 7 days a week. Before visiting, it’s definitely worth checking to see if there’s a large event on at Optus Stadium, as the carpark will be closed. We’d absolutely recommend stopping by for lunch.
The Camfield – The Details
Address: 1 Roger Mackay Drive, Burswood.
Phone: 6314 1360
Parking: Parking is available right next to The Camfield. There is no parking available on event days at Optus Stadium when train and bus services are provided.
Dog Friendly: yes, dogs are welcome on a leash outside.
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021