The Kewdale Tavern is perhaps not the first place that comes to mind when thinking of a place to enjoy lunch. Unless you work in the Kewdale industrial area, you might not even be aware of this pub, which enjoyed a big redevelopment several years ago. The modern Tavern has an open sports bar area, as well as a dining area and outside courtyard.
There is plenty to choose from on the menu, whether you’re dropping by for a bar snack or something more substantial. If you have a gluten intolerance, you’ll be pleased to know that most of the dishes are free from gluten. I had the fish of the day ($32), which was barramundi, served with boiled potatoes and a vegetable broth. This was a tasty dish.
My husband ordered the beef cheek ($29). The tender beef is oven braised with herbs and port wine for 12 hours. Served with aromatic vegetables, a Scotch egg, wilted spinach, parsnip puree, lotus chips and a rich port jus. While my husband enjoyed this, he was disappointed the Scotch egg was not traditionally made (with sausage meat) and the serve was a little on the light side. It would be great to see it with a more substantial mash, instead of the puree.
If you have grandchildren in tow, The Kewdale offers a kids menu. My grandson enjoyed the slider and chips.
The staff were friendly and the service prompt. If you’re in the area, you can expect better than average pub grub here. And a plus – you can use the Entertainment Card here too.
The Kewdale Tavern – The Details
Address: 139 Kewdale Rd, Kewdale.
Phone: 9353 1100
Parking: There is plenty parking available in the carpark.
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021