Found around one and a half hours south of Perth is the Waroona Hotel. Over 100 years old this quaint hotel stands on a quiet street across the road from pleasant park lands and is an excellent choice for a casual lunch or a leisurely afternoon catch-up with friends.We called in on for a quick midweek lunch on our way home from Margaret River. We had our camper trailer, but there is plenty of parking in front of the hotel. It being midweek, it was reasonably quiet but still we were greeted by the staff with a smile and an offer of lunch even though the kitchen was just about to close.The daily special was advertised on a board in the entry, battered fish and chips with a glass of wine $15. I decided on the special whilst my husband could not go past the steak sandwich ( his go to pub meal ).
As it was a pleasant day, we chose to sit outside at one of the bench tables overlooking the park, rather than in the more formal dining room. The outdoor area is split into smoking and non smoking zones that are clearly identified, and a nice decking area. There is also a grassed area for the grandkids to play.Our meals came out quickly and were very substantial indeed, absolutely good value for money!The pub has new owners who appear to have been upgrading. We have visited this pub in the past and the outdoor area has been extended and improved. It’s nice to see that people care enough to look after these old buildings rather than just let them decay over time. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at the Waroona Hotel and look forward to a return visit.
Address: 16 Fouracre Street, Waroona
Ph: 9733 1232
- German Film Festival 2021 - May 21, 2021
- Alliance Francaise French Film Festival 2021 - February 26, 2021
- The Colony Concept, Metricup - February 23, 2021
- Margaret River Farmers’ Market - February 23, 2021
- WOW Illusions, Margaret River - February 12, 2021
- Scitech, Perth - November 27, 2020
- Meelup Farmhouse - October 23, 2020
- ST.ALi Italian Film Festival 2021 - September 16, 2020
- Boddington Caravan Park - July 17, 2020
- Dwellingup Chalets and Caravan Park - July 9, 2020