The White Elephant Café in Gnarabup is a rare ocean view dining spot in the Margaret River region. The casual café enjoys stunning views over Gnarabup Beach and serves up both healthy and hearty breakfasts, lunches and coffee n’ cake. We were staying locally at the beautiful air bnb Retreat on Roxburgh, when we enjoyed a sunny breakfast at the White Elephant Café before heading around some wineries for the day. If you’re planning on some wine or beer tastings, it’s definitely recommended to do this on a full stomach!
The beach side café is incredibly popular, which is no surprise when you spot that view! We visited mid-week, so enjoyed a shaded outside table, there’s also space indoors for when it gets a bit breezy. The breakfast menu is served until 12 noon and includes bircher muesli, Spanish eggs, Freo sardines and more. I picked up our cups of herbal tea from the main serving counter when our buzzer went off. There’s a good range of coffee, tea, smoothies and juices.
I enjoyed smashed pumpkin on toasted sourdough ($19.50), with fresh avocado, feta, runny poached eggs and spiced pumpkin seeds. It’ a vegetarian dish, but we added a side of bacon.
My husband chose the brekkie burger ($14.50). It’s usually served on a fluffy toasted milk bun, though he opted for the gluten free option. Packed with cheddar cheese, aioli, tomato relish, bacon and egg – he scoffed the lot!
Here, the food is as delicious as the view. We really enjoyed our brunch and would absolutely go back to White Elephant again.
Address: Gnarabup Rd, Gnarabup Near Margaret River
Opening Hours: 7.30am – 3.00pm-ish
Phone: 9757 1990
Distance from Car Parking area: There are two parking areas, which get busy in peak summer times.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, there is a children’s menu and high chairs.
Dog Friendly: Yes, dogs are welcome in the outside area on a leash.
Find more things to see and do in Margaret River here.
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - January 7, 2021
- Bailey Brewing Co, Henley Brook - January 6, 2021
- Stella Gelato, West Swan - December 23, 2020
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - December 23, 2020
- Inglewood Night Markets, Inglewood - December 10, 2020
- The Seniorocity Guide to Kings Park, Perth - December 7, 2020
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront - December 2, 2020
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 20, 2020
- Skeetas, Geraldton - October 29, 2020
- Café Fleur, Geraldton - October 29, 2020