Found opposite the historic Rose and Crown Hotel, you’ll find a lovely café called Little Guildford. Wanting to try somewhere different, we visited for a mid-week brunch and a cuppa. The dining space has plenty of seating. We love the scene of oldie world-y Guildford, that takes up an entire wall.
There are a few tables outside by the roadside too. This area is flanked by plants and shaded with large umbrellas, as well as having a great view of the pub opposite.
We start our brunch with a couple of cuppas. My coffee, a flat white (decaf, almond milk) was good. The service was friendly enough and our food came out of the kitchen in very good time.
The all-day menu tempts us with both brunch and lunch dish options. There are a small number of cakes in the cabinet. My daughter had the avo smash. She enjoyed it, but the bruised avocado wasn’t really smashed as such, just cut into cubes, along with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and rocket.
I liked the Italian bruschetta. This was served topped with blistered cherry tomatoes, prosciutto, a runny poached egg, melted parmesan cheese and drizzled with rocket and basil oil.
After stopping by Little Guildford, why not browse the delightful gift shop up the road, Guildford Heritage Precinct at the tourist information centre and the end of the street, or Poste Garden Centre – all within easy walking distance. We love Guildford and there’s always something different to discover every time we visit.
Find Little Guildford at 3/104 Swan St, Guildford.
- FATS, Bridgetown - October 20, 2021
- Bigga Trees, Pickering Brook - October 18, 2021
- Things to do at the Manjimup Heritage Park - October 14, 2021
- The Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - October 14, 2021
- Mrs S, Maylands - September 29, 2021
- Chapels on Whatley, Maylands - September 23, 2021
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 16, 2021
- Kellers Farmstand, Dayton - September 8, 2021
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 3, 2021
- Furaibo, Perth CBD - September 2, 2021