Found opposite the historic Rose and Crown Hotel, you’ll find a lovely café called Little Guildford. Wanting to try somewhere different, we visited for a mid-week brunch and a cuppa. The dining space has plenty of seating. We love the scene of oldie world-y Guildford, that takes up an entire wall.
There are a few tables outside by the roadside too. This area is flanked by plants and shaded with large umbrellas, as well as having a great view of the pub opposite.
We start our brunch with a couple of cuppas. My coffee, a flat white (decaf, almond milk) was good. The service was friendly enough and our food came out of the kitchen in very good time.
The all-day menu tempts us with both brunch and lunch dish options. There are a small number of cakes in the cabinet. My daughter had the avo smash. She enjoyed it, but the bruised avocado wasn’t really smashed as such, just cut into cubes, along with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and rocket.
I liked the Italian bruschetta. This was served topped with blistered cherry tomatoes, prosciutto, a runny poached egg, melted parmesan cheese and drizzled with rocket and basil oil.
After stopping by Little Guildford, why not browse the delightful gift shop up the road, Guildford Heritage Precinct at the tourist information centre and the end of the street, or Poste Garden Centre – all within easy walking distance. We love Guildford and there’s always something different to discover every time we visit.
Find Little Guildford at 3/104 Swan St, Guildford.
- Two Little Blackbirds, Manjimup - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Weir Gallery, Mundaring - June 30, 2022
- Gidgegannup Bakery and Café, Gidgegannup - June 30, 2022
- Edenvale Heritage Precinct, Pinjarra - June 30, 2022
- Mundaring Garden and Farmers Market - June 26, 2022
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - June 24, 2022
- Lesmurdie Falls – Everything You Need to Know - June 8, 2022
- Big Brook Dam, Pemberton - June 8, 2022
- Perth’s Best Waterfalls - May 25, 2022
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - May 23, 2022