If you’re a big fan of bread – then be sure to head to The Yallingup Wood Fired Bakery. This isn’t the typical type of bakery you’d find on a main street in country Western Australia, with meat pies and the like. They do things a little different here – it’s a local institution.
Here, rather than bakers working through the early hours to sell fresh bakes in the morning, the doors open in the afternoon (about 3.30pm), where locals and tourists alike flock to purchase a loaf (or three) freshly out of the wood fired volcanic stone oven.
The Yallingup Wood Fired Bakery is found in the bush, up a gravel path and they stick to just four sorts of sourdough bread. It is biodynamic, stoneground, and made using traditional German methods of baking. The white, wholemeal (wheat and rye), and darker loaf (pure rye) are perfect for making thick cut door stopper sandwiches or using on a platter with nibbles and wine. While the fruit bread is perfect for toasting at breakfast…. that’s if the bread makes it to breakfast. The Yallingup Woodfired Bread is best enjoyed when still warm, with a little butter spread onto it.
Found just minutes from Yallingup Beach, this hidden, word-of-mouth spot is a brilliant place to buy fresh made bread if you’re staying in the Dunsborough area. The same local family owns Margaret River Woodfired Bread and the popular Yallingup Gugelhupf bakery. Be sure to pay a visit.
Yallingup Woodfired Bread – The Details
Address: 7 McLachlan Rd, Quindalup, Near Dunsborough.
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2020
- Canning River Café, Wilson - September 22, 2020
- Canning River Regional Park - September 22, 2020
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 7, 2020
- Raeburn Orchards, Roleystone - August 31, 2020
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - August 21, 2020
- Riverbank Estate, Caversham - August 19, 2020
- Cup Cup and Away, Roleystone - August 17, 2020
- National and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- The Best Book Shops in Perth - April 15, 2020