The Bentley Pines Training Restaurant at South Metropolitan TAFE provides a training environment for students preparing to work in the hospitality industry.
The restaurant is open to the public for lunch and dinner during term time for the students to showcase their skills in preparing and serving food and drinks in a fine dining atmosphere.
The prices, not only for the food but also the drinks are very reasonable and it makes for an economical lunch or dinner with fine dining quality food and service. The price for lunch and dinner is $30 per person.
Rotary of Mill Point sponsor the Endeavour Awards at The Pines training restaurant at Bentley Pines Training Restaurant at South Metropolitan TAFE, and last week we joined the Rotarians for dinner for the presentation of these awards.
Our dinner was a set menu but as you can see in the photos there’s usually a choice of several dishes.
First up was a little amuse-bouche of crispy crumbed feta which was tasty and well cooked.
Then along came the pumpkin soup, perfect for a chilly evening, and this was gorgeous! Who knew that pumpkin could taste so good?!
An enormous juicy breast of chicken was served next along with some nice enough but a little dull vegetables, and hiding behind the chicken was a perfectly cooked fondant potato.
At this point I was feeling pretty full and relieved that I was wearing some stretchy clothes as I couldn’t pass up on the beautifully light and rich sticky date and walnut pud.
Tea or coffee with a little petit four was served to round off a very enjoyable evening.
It’s marvellous to see young people who clearly have a passion for hard work training to work in the food and drink industry, and everyone did a terrific job that night.
Congratulations not only to those who received an award but to everyone involved for all their hard work behind the scenes.
With it being a training restaurant there are a few things to Note:
– Customer seating may be limited.
– Spillages of food and beverages may occur.
– Students may not always communicate clearly.
– Spilt billing is not available.
– The dress code is no shorts, singlets, thongs or caps.
– Dietary requirements must be made a the time of booking.
– All menus have special dietary options.
– Tea and coffee is served with all menus
-Espresso coffee will be an extra charge.
Bentley Pines Training Restaurant
The restaurant is only open during term time.
Bentley Pines Training Restaurant is part of South Metropolitan TAFE Bentley campus.
Bentley WA 6102
If the restaurant is too far for you to visit then check out your local TAFE to discover your nearest training restaurant.
- Black Swan Winery and Restaurant, Swan Valley - June 24, 2022
- Bentley Pines Training Restaurant at South Metropolitan TAFE - June 10, 2022
- HQ bar + kitchen, The Quay, Perth - May 9, 2022
- Chin Chin Gastronomy, Como - May 9, 2022
- Swansea Street Markets, Vic Park - May 9, 2022
- Farmers Market on Manning - May 6, 2022
- Lady of Ro, Subiaco - April 29, 2022
- Nextdoor, South Perth - November 19, 2021
- Little Banksia Kensington - November 12, 2021
- Locale Mio, Guildford - November 5, 2021