Situated on top of a rolling lawn strewn with picnic blankets and alfresco dining spaces, the restaurant is a relaxing family and dog-friendly spot with a casual, coastal laid back vibe.
The large white gazebo with its wicker egg chairs and rustic floor cushions invites you to while away the afternoon chatting with friends over glasses of chilled drinks and grazing plates; whilst children can channel their inner farmer by visiting Lizzie the highland cow or the chickens in their very chic hen house.
Alongside the A la carte brunch and lunch menus, the restaurant also has available picnic hampers for you to enjoy on the lawn, or, if you are celebrating a special day they also offer a bottomless brunch with Mimosas, Prosecco or Bloody Marys.
Our party enjoyed a long lunch in the restaurant, overlooking the lawn area, which was very handy for us as we had a couple of children with us and we were able to let them play on the lawn within eyesight whilst the adults talked.
The food was superb; not surprising as we have visited both of their other venues and never been disappointed. My husband and I shared an entree of salt and pepper squid and pork belly from the Farmhouse Share Plates, we both thoroughly enjoyed the food.
Rather than having a dessert, my girlfriends and myself decided to try a Gin Tasting Plate. With a choice of 3 gins from the Wise distillery accompanied by Fever Tree tonic for $21 I thought this was a very reasonable price.
The restaurant is now open again, but like all venues, operating under the Covid guidelines; so it would probably be a good idea to book in advance. I know that it is on our list for a return visit on our next trip down south.
Address: 54 Sheens Road, Naturalist, WA 6281
Phone: 9756 8848
Facebook: Meelup Farmhouse
Opening Hours: Thursday-Monday 9am-5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday Closed
- Scitech, Perth - November 27, 2020
- Meelup Farmhouse - October 23, 2020
- ST.ALi Italian Film Festival 2020 - September 16, 2020
- Boddington Caravan Park - July 17, 2020
- Dwellingup Chalets and Caravan Park - July 9, 2020
- Flow Hot Yoga and Pilates Free Online Classes - April 15, 2020
- Military Wives, Movie Review - March 13, 2020
- The Call of the Wild, Movie Review - February 21, 2020
- Big 4 Emu Beach, Albany - January 17, 2020
- La Sosta, Fremantle - January 17, 2020